- Antenatal Classes
- By Week
- Big Questions
- Ask The Doctor
- Can I have a drink when Pregnant?
- What can I Eat When Pregnant?
- Can I Exercise during Pregnancy?
- What Medication can I take when Pregnant?
- Can I fly when Pregnant?
- Pelvic Floor Exercises – Pregnancy and After
- Can I Make my Baby come Quicker?
- Pets and Gardening when Pregnant
- Sleeping when Pregnant
- Sex When Pregnant
- Twins, Triplets or More..
- Termination of Pregnancy
- Repeated Caesarean Sections
- Aches & Pains
- Back and Hip Ache during Pregnancy
- Bleeding during Pregnancy
- Bottoms and Bowels during Pregnancy – Constipation and Piles,
- Braxton Hicks – Tightenings during Pregnancy
- Complications during Pregnancy
- Indigestion during Pregnancy
- Morning Sickness/Nausea/HG
- Pins and Needles and Pains during Pregnancy
- Feeling Depressed during Pregnancy
- Skin Changes during Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Appointment Planner
- Maternity Rights and Pay
- Pregnancy and Labour Myths
- Pregnancy and Labour Tips
- What to Buy for Baby? The Ultimate List!
- Hospital Bag, What to Pack?
- Pregnancy and Labour Advice For Fathers/Partners
- Birth Stories
- The Birth
- Pain Relief during Labour
- Induction of Labour
- Stages of Labour
- Water Birth- What happens?
- Assisted Delivery – Forceps and Ventouse
- Caesarean Section – Elective and Emergency
- Breech Baby and ECV
- Emergencies in Labour
- After the Birth
- Examination of Newborn Baby
- What Happens After the Birth?
- Postnatal Care- You
- Postnatal Care- Baby
Feeding Tips Here are some tips that we have collected from talking to mothers who have been through it before you. Stock up on some DVD box sets to watch whilst you are breastfeeding. You have to have a smart phone- breastfeeding can take so long and be so boring especially in the middle of the night. Its great to be able to message other mothers you know who are awake or trawl Facebook or the Daily Mail website! In the early days of breastfeeding when your breasts are tender and can become engorged with milk- keep a Savoy […]
New Baby – Sleeping Tips Here are some tips that we have collected from talking to mothers who have been through it before you. It is worth trying to swaddle, but bear in mind that not all babies like to be swaddled. Mine spent all the time trying to escape and get his arm out. We love these swaddling blankets from Aden & Anais which also double up as large muslins/sun shades/blankets Aden & Anais Swaddling Muslins Get a sling- if you have a baby that doesn’t like to be put down, put him in the sling in […]
Tips to help preserve your sanity with a new born! Here are some tips that we have collected from talking to mothers who have been through it before you. Don’t be embarrassed to say no to visitors. If you feel awkward saying no, then get your husband to do it for you. If the baby is born in winter- get a good “pram pushing” coat and shoes as you may find yourself pounding the streets in the rain trying to get the baby to sleep! Warm his cot or moses basket with a hot water bottle so that when […]
Post Natal Tips Here are some tips that we have collected from talking to mothers who have been through it before you. Eat 2 kiwi fruit when you have given birth, they are a natural laxative and this will ensure that your first poo, after the birth, will not be too painful or difficult. Kiwi fruit can get your bowels moving! No-one told me how much you can bleed after the birth. Don’t be shocked if you have gross chunks of blood for the first few days. Tea-tree oil and/or lavender oil in the bath can feel really […]
Pregnancy Tips Here are some tips that we have collected from talking to mothers who have been through it before you. Staying Comfortable You do not need to waddle when you are pregnant. If you actually think about it whilst you are walking, you will find that you can walk relatively normally. If you hold your stomach muscles in and concentrate whenever you are standing you find that this forces you to straighten up and will stop you from arching your back – this can stop it aching and can make you look about 1 month less […]
Some Christmas Gift Ideas for a Pregnadillo * * Name coined by my sister and I when we were pregnant. A Pregnadillo is a slightly grinchy pregnant person who is a bit worried/achey/tired/fat/nauseous and slightly begrudges other people having fun around them, especially at Christmas! This may continue for a few weeks/months after the baby is born! The Pregnadillo needs extra special presents at Christmas to help her feel comfy, good about herself and excited about the birth of their baby! Here are some suggestions of gifts for the Pregnadillo in your life! Cashmere Bed Socks – show […]