- Antenatal Classes
- By Week
- Big Questions
- Ask The Doctor
- Can I have a drink when Pregnant?
- What can I Eat When Pregnant?
- Can I Exercise during Pregnancy?
- What Medication can I take when Pregnant?
- Can I fly when Pregnant?
- Pelvic Floor Exercises – Pregnancy and After
- Can I Make my Baby come Quicker?
- Pets and Gardening when Pregnant
- Sleeping when Pregnant
- Sex When Pregnant
- Twins, Triplets or More..
- Termination of Pregnancy
- Repeated Caesarean Sections
- Aches & Pains
- Back and Hip Ache during Pregnancy
- Bleeding during Pregnancy
- Bottoms and Bowels during Pregnancy – Constipation and Piles,
- Braxton Hicks – Tightenings during Pregnancy
- Complications during Pregnancy
- Indigestion during Pregnancy
- Morning Sickness/Nausea/HG
- Pins and Needles and Pains during Pregnancy
- Feeling Depressed during Pregnancy
- Skin Changes during Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Appointment Planner
- Maternity Rights and Pay
- Pregnancy and Labour Myths
- Pregnancy and Labour Tips
- What to Buy for Baby? The Ultimate List!
- Hospital Bag, What to Pack?
- Pregnancy and Labour Advice For Fathers/Partners
- Birth Stories
- The Birth
- Pain Relief during Labour
- Induction of Labour
- Stages of Labour
- Water Birth- What happens?
- Assisted Delivery – Forceps and Ventouse
- Caesarean Section – Elective and Emergency
- Breech Baby and ECV
- Emergencies in Labour
- After the Birth
- Examination of Newborn Baby
- What Happens After the Birth?
- Postnatal Care- You
- Postnatal Care- Baby
I’m exactly 42 weeks pregnant today (my to boys were born 5 and 8 yrs ago at 42 weeks without induction) and my mother was also always at least 42 weeks overdue with her 6 children. I would really prefer to go into labour naturally without being induced. My question is how far would you advise me I can still go if all the monitoring seems fine before I should opt for induction? First of all I do not want to interfere with the care you are currently getting from your midwives and doctor. However I do have some general […]
After having my daughter in 2009, I have since had 3 miscarriages and am now 7 weeks pregnant again. After the 3rd miscarriage we had blood tests done and all came back normal. I’ve heard of a lot of women being advised to take 75mg aspirin (even with no clotting disorders) and a much higher dose of folic acid but have not been advised to do anything. All I am taking is Pregnacare as I have been for a couple of years. Any advice? Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear about your problems with having another baby. Having […]
I am 27+1 with twins and today noticed some spotting. I’ve been assessed at the maternity assessment unit and told my cervix long and closed (phew!) but my cervix looks raw which they referred to as cervical ectropion and explained this probably caused the bleeding. They didn’t seem worried- should I be? How has this come about (no sex or internal scans in last few days) and can I do anything? A cervical ectropion is a fleshy glandular bit of skin on the outside of the cervix which is particularly common during pregnancy. It has no link with cancer, infection […]
I’m 9 weeks pregnant and received a letter from requesting me to attend my annual breast MRI and mammogram, I have the BRCA 1 gene as does my mum and brother, I’m 30 years old. Is it safe to have these tests, I will be 18 weeks when the appointment is due or can it wait until after the baby is born in 7 months? Thank you for your question. It is such an important question which we are very pleased to help you with. Clearly because of your genetic history you are at extra risk of developing breast cancer […]
I was at the Doctors for a 22 week checkup and he found additional protein in my urine sample. He said may be indicative of a UTI and sent off to check. Should I be on antibiotics straight away or is it ok to wait, I read cystitis can lead to miscarriage / abortion and a little stressed. At the time I didn’t think anything strange but on retrospect have realised am constantly needing to go to the loo (thought was normal). Thank you for your question. We do not think you should be worried about the protein in your […]
I have been practicing hot yoga several times a week for years and I have stopped going due to my pregnancy. I have seen several pregnant people in the class in the past. Now that I am 14 weeks pregnant, would it be a problem to attend these hot yoga classes? Many thanks If you are fit and healthy and a seasoned practitioner of Hot Yoga, then we think it should be ok for you to continue to participate in this sport. It is important that you make sure you keep your fluids up during your yoga session and afterwards. […]
I am 37 and about ten weeks pregnant. I have long QT syndrome in my family that was discovered incidentally through a medical screen of a cousin. There is no known history of sudden death in the family. I have a 50% chance of carrying the gene (I have not been tested, but my mother and two sisters do carry the gene). I can’t find any information on whether long QT is a potential risk during pregnancy nad my GP admits she doesn’t know much about it. Any advice much appreciated. Minor heart arrhythmia and heart palpitations are quite common […]